NewEdge Announces New Company Headquarters
Date: January 11, 2019
NewEdge has re-located to a new location in Ayer, Massachusetts. The new facility, located at 323 West Main Street in Ayer, MA, was selected to address the companies growing employee base and need for additional lab space. The selection of space in the Grady Research Building was a natural according to CTO and NewEdge Founder, Dave McIntosh, "We were strongly attracted to this site given both the surrounding beauty of the area and the history of innovation of the building's owner, John Grady. Efficient energy utilization between us, this building efficiently uses the hydroelectric dam on the Nashua River and NewEdge is pioneering innovations in wireless network equipment that save power."
NewEdge Joins IWPC and Will Attend Conference on Wireless Networks for Rural Deployments
Date: January 11, 2019
As of January 2019, NewEdge Signal Solutions is now a member of the International Wireless Industry Consortium known as IWPC.
"We are pleased to join IWPC," explained Chris Rauh, VP of Business Development and Strategy, "given its history of taking a wider perspective on technical and commercial issues in the wireless market." In January, we are looking forward to participating at the IWPC’s conference on “Enhancing Rural Connectivity, New Wireless Opportunities and Deployment Scenarios” as we believe NewEdge technology will play a key role in this market.
Tunable Filter Product Selection Guide
Date: January 11, 2019
In support of the Software Defined Radio Workshop(SDR) initiative sponsored by Richardson RFPD, ADI and Mathworks, NewEdge Signal Solutions has created a tunable filter selection guide to assist engineers selecting tunable filters to mitigate co-site interference problems that often occur in applications were SDR technology is employed.
Download the New Edge Tunable Filter Product Selection Guide.
NewEdge Signal Solutions to Present at Small Cell Americas, December 6, 2017 in San Jose, CA
Date: October 26, 2017
NewEdge Signal Solutions will be presenting a 30 minute talk called An Innovative Approach for Multi-mode, Multi-band 4G RF Front Ends for Basestations at 8:30am during the upcoming Small Cell Americas conference on December 6th. The conference will be held at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, San Jose, and information about attending the event can be found at
NewEdge Signal Solutions RF Front End Solution
Date: February 3, 2017
Microwave Journal recently ran a product feature article on the latest new product from NewEdge Edge Signal Solutions, a 1.8 to 2.7 GHz, 2x2 MIMO Front-End and SDR Transceiver board set. The article discusses how the two boards, ETX108 & ETX117, make up a multi-band, multi-mode RF Front End for commercial and defense transmitters in the medium power range. Open the article to learn more.
NewEdge Signal Solutions to Exhibit at EDI Con USA in Boston
Date: September 20-22, 2016
NewEdge will be exhibiting its tunable filters for the HF, VHF & UHF radio markets as well as introducing a Multi-Mode broadband, high efficiency Power Amplifiers at the EDI Con USA conference. The conference will be in Boston at the Hynes Convention Center. NewEdge will be exhibiting as part of the Richardson RFPD booth. Stop by to get the latest data sheets on these products and talk with NewEdge employees about your requirements.
NewEdge Signal Solutions Unveils Next Generation Wireless Communications Capabilities at EDI-CON 2016 in Beijing
Date: April 25, 2016
At the recent EDI-CON conference in Beijing, NewEdge debuted a number of next generation wireless communications capabilities and products. Key among these was a high efficiency multi-mode, multi-band RF PA module as showcased on the Richardson RFPD booth. This module demonstrates NewEdge RF front end design capabilities, with the ability to handle multiple waveform types from GSM to LTE and operate over a frequency range of 1.8-2.7GHz. With commercial small cells being the initial target market, the module as shown was configured as a 2 x 2 MIMO system with an LTE output power of 7W (RMS) per PA.
In addition to RF PA modules, the NewEdge also presented a range of digitally tunable filters operating over the 728-960MHz and 1.8-2.7GHz ranges.
Award For High Performance RF Front End
Date: June 25, 2015
NewEdge Signal Solutions is proud to announce the receipt of an award to develop and supply a High Performance RF Front End from a leading OEM serving the commercial communications market. This award underscores NewEdge’s ability to deliver high performance, broadband RF Front Ends that have demanding specifications for size, efficiency and linearity. If all options are exercised, the award has a multi-million dollar value over the next 3 years.
New Tunable Filter Available Now from NewEdge
Date: June 25, 2015
NewEdge Signal Solutions is pleased to announce the immediate availability of the SAX103 tunable filter. The SAX103 is an electronically tunable 220-520 MHz bandpass filter designed for Tactical Communications Applications with the following features:
- Full Tactical Communications band resolutions
- Low insertion loss
- Fast tuning across band to 1.18 MHz resolution
- Convenient 8-bit digital control
- Custom designs and specification levels available
For more information see the Products section.
NewEdge Signal Solutions (NewEdge), is a dynamic start-up headquartered in Ayer, MA. We are applying a number of ground-breaking and disruptive technologies to the problems of 4G wireless RF communications to solve the conflicting demands of massive year on year increases in data and the desire for smaller, more efficient, agile communication systems.
RF Engineer is involved in all aspects of the product development including: simulation, design, layout, design verification and introduction into manufacturing.
- Participate in the design and develop of high performance commercial transmitter hardware for wireless infrastructure transmitters including active RF circuits containing mixers, switches, RFamplifiers, transmitters, detectors, phase control, filters, combiners, attenuators, and essential mixed signal building blocks.
- Perform all phases of RF hardware development including design, component selection, schematic capture, PCB design, BOM creation, test and debug.
- Design for manufacture of commercial mixed signal and RF modules.
- Perform RF measurements and characterization of components, circuits and complete transmitter chain.
- Create detailed RF test plans.
- Adhere to aggressive deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven track record of 1-3 years, designing, building, and testing system and board level hardware including RF transceivers, matching networks, RF front ends, digital down/up conversion and complete RF systems operating up to 3GHz.
- Sound understanding of RF, modulation, digital signal processing.
- Wireless communication experience, including LTE, 3GPP, or OFDM a plus.
- Experience with test equipment such as Signal Analyzers, Signal Generators, Spectrum Analyzers, Network
- Analyzers, Base Station Emulators and other equipment associated with the design and development of Cellular Radio Access Network products.
- Hands-on experience with automated RF Testing and programming methods.
- Exceptional organizational skills: planning, follow-through, ability to manage details.
- Ability to learn and explore new technology areas.
- Must be a Permanent Resident or US Citizen.
If you wish to be considered for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’d love to hear from you.